Sunday 12 January 2014

MOG #16: just January

One of my friends mentioned he was just feeling 'blah'as of late, like the life had been sucked out of him and he didn't want to anything. We've all been there, especially around this time of year. Honestly, blame it on the weather. Take a load off yourself and put it on something as arbitrary as the weather if that makes you feel a little bit better. This is the time of year to find any excuse to be happy, to choose happy. Little things- new mugs, extra cheese, loud music, good reads, loose pants... whatever it is, indulge. Feel good.
Then move on. 
I found this little life note I kept on USB when my hard drive got wiped. Written almost a year ago through a very therapist-ey/self loving practice. Basically you write down all the things that are bothering you on one side of the page, walk away from the document for a few minutes, and then come back to reassess as if you were someone else.  After reading it I just felt better when I didn't even know I was feeling that bad.

This mog is all about being thankful for the bad days that make the good days worth living; for the tough times that make you stronger and for the fact that I save little samples of writing for rainy days-it's all really nice to look back on.

 I just wanted to show you all that we all go through really hard times- I look at this document and remember just how low I was feeling that day.  I'm sharing this with you all not to say than I'm any more superhero-like than everyone, (y'all are the real hero's to me every time you read the submissions or write your own), just that I'm right there with you; I've been there too. Life's tough, you're tougher.
It's just January. Spring is on her way. Hang in there. 

(Click the picture if you have text/image overlap)

No comments:

Post a Comment