Saturday 8 February 2014

MOG #39: Reflexivity

Hi team. 

Sometimes when I procrastinate, I reread my old words in MOGS, journals, computer files, conversations- anything. That probably sounds really narcissistic but the craft of writing always means revisiting and revising, so I think it's okay to spend a little time with your former self as you try to figure out your present being. But what also makes it worthy, and what makes this post an MOG, is how grateful I am for reflections; how lucky are we to look back on anything at any given time? To look back means we're likely looking forward in the same breath; but it also means we're alive.

I want to share with you what I had written on January 21st, 2013; a year and change later, it's interesting to see where I was at that point. So much can happen so quickly; and to think of what happened on January 21st 2014 in comparison is even crazier.

Sometimes I fucking hate the way I write.
Sometimes I sit here and think, who the hell do you think you are, saying what you're saying? Sometimes I can be in a room with just my thoughts and literally drive myself crazy. But I know that this is one of the many things I want to do. So, bear with the bullshit, is my new way to think.

Not every piece is good, but there is good in every piece.
Not every day is good, but there is good in every damn day.
And that, is both good, and worth everything.


I wrote that alone in my bedroom, and again sometime later, I'm in the same position; crossed legged, approaching midnight, thinking about whatever's going on in relation to whatever needs to happen. 
You can learn a lot from studying theories but you can learn a lot from studying yourself. Watch for the patterns that come with the changes that happen in your life; and be grateful you can even do all of that.

Life is too, too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment