Thursday 20 March 2014

MOG #60: Can't wait


"I can't wait to see you"

Isn't that just the best phrase to hear? Isn't that also the best phrase to say? I love how the delayed, anticipated urgency; the personal conversation from the 'I' to the 'you', the idea of 'seeing' as in finally interacting. It's just a great phrase. Today I realized just how often those words seep into my daily rhetoric- I said it to at least five people, but I meant it every time.

Someone said this week, "wow you're a really good person" and I'm not one of those people that can't take a compliment, but I also am not one to sing my praises to the masses, but I will say that my response of "I'm just surrounded by good people" has really stuck with me.

Truly, I am surrounded by bright, energetic, caring and funny people in so many capacities. You know that phrase, "people enter your life for a reason, season or a lifetime"? between my family, those who are practically family, my main girls, those once in a while yet once in a life time friends, those kids, these newer friendships from this year, my coworkers, group project members, mentors, professionals, that one guy I can't get enough of, customer service staff who have come to know my coffee order, friendships that have lasted over the past four years, between the two cities I have called "home" and I will even go as far to say I meet good people on a daily basis, all of which boils down to this:  I am so lucky to be surrounded by good people and even though I knew this, taking a minute to count the literal blessings that come in the form of humans in my life have made me realize how good I have it.

And I can't forget to mention you guys- this community of gratitude seekers. Thank you. Thank you for believing in this blog which is very much a part of me now, especially the last few days (for reasons I'll explain soon), and thank you for seeing this blog as something that also isn't only just ME- Mary. Thank you for seeing that this blog is YOUR blog too, and there are so many YOURS in this equation that this blog is OUR blog. These are both YOUR stories and the stories of other and mine as well and together WE are creating something very, very cool. If two minds are better than one, than a couple minds a real force to be reckoned with. Since we found that anything could happen, anything could. I am verging on sounding like a happy go lucky hippy. Ah, heck, let this outpour of community appreciation be documented; y'all are the best. You keep me going; you keep this blog going and I hope the blog does the same for you and that you always keep moving, keep moving forward, keep on keepin on.

I can't wait to see you all and the words you think are worth sharing. 

"Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken"
Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12


No comments:

Post a Comment