Wednesday 7 May 2014

MOG #65: For yesterday

An anonymous thank-you note, 

This is not to open wounds, to disturb your life and relationship and I'm not asking you to respond or ever talk to me again. This is purely to say thank you.

Today I found one of the journals we made together. It was an incredibly odd feeling, especially after I had discarded a lot of them after the initial breakup. What I found in the journal was love and that is what I would like to thank you for. In high school I was angry, hurt and completely unsure of who I was and you accepted that. You managed to still show love and compassion and it shows through your writing. So thank you! Thank you for allowing me to be the person I was in high school. Both the good and the bad and thank you for loving that person cause I know there was times I definitely didn't deserve it. Our relationship will always be a fond memory to me. You were an important part of who I have become and I also would like to thank you for that as well. I hope that this message brings no hard feeling. As I said before I want nothing more from this then for you to know my gratitude towards you, in a time when love was truly the thing I needed most. I hope you are well and that your life is everything that you wanted it to be. 

Sincerely, yours

No comments:

Post a Comment