Friday 16 May 2014

MOG #69: Short drives away


Seeing a message from Andrea always puts a smile on my face. She's one of my favourite people, but she can always find something to be grateful for, always. Her fourth time submitting, here's a little bit of perspective for your Friday...
Recently I've been pretty bummed out over not having thr financial resources to live with my roommate anymore. I've been trying to embrace this new stage in life, being finished university and all, but I'm always just a bit bitter that things didn't work out the way I'd wanted. But today a friend reposted a desperate plea for the second time, in an effort to find her childhood friend that has been missing. She pointed out how thankful she was that her family was safe and it got me thinking. As much as I miss my best friend, I know where she is and it's only a short drive away and as much as I begrudge living at home, my family is all present and accounted for, and I may be unemployed but that just means babysitting gigs to keep kids safe for their parents. Everyday when I do a quick head count, everyone I care about sounds off...and thats just as irritating and wonderful as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment