Tuesday 17 June 2014

MOG #74: Ten minutes

Conversations with strangers is one of my favourite things ever. I honestly believe I was put on this earth to make friends with as many humans as possible.
Today I heard the best sentence I've heard in a while from someone who was once a stranger, but a impromtu life chat clearly changes that label very quickly. After hearing what her life is like these days, despite all the little things that make getting through each day difficult, and in celebration of the big things like seeing her sons progress in school, she said the one sentence that summed it all up: 

"I am so grateful to live this life."

Simple, but effective.
Does it matter who this sentence came from? It could have been someone with a great salary, family and weekend plans waiting. It could have been a immigrant who has found humble work here in Canada. It could have been a person that I spoke to for a under a minute.

But it could have been me, or you, too, or at least, it should be.

"I am so grateful to live this life." 

Find that thing that makes it all worthwhile.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment