Sunday 20 July 2014

MOG #88: The Toothbrush


Katie took a visit home and is headed back to her city with more than she came with. Showing us that once again, it really is the little things that hold the most meaning...

I am grateful for my toothbrush. Because no matter how different my room at home changes, or when the people within the home change or move away and my family continues to grow and move forward, there is always a toothbrush with my name on it at my childhood home. The toothbrush itself has changed but the symbol of one just always being there is grounding. It's grounding to think that family time goes from all the time, everyday to just a few hours. It's grounding when you were used to thinking it took hours to get across town and now you wish it took longer cause you don't want to stop your conversation from the car. I know I will always home when there is always a toothbrush with my name on it. And I know I will always have brushing my teeth with my mom when that toothbrush around.

No comments:

Post a Comment