Tuesday 14 January 2014

MOG #23: A prelude for your thoughts




Hello you beautiful people,

I just need a minute to explain the next few posts- 6 to be exact. Yep, that's right, today I received SIX MOG's from young, riveting, brave and extraordinary people just like you. Some of them I know quite well, others not so much and one I just 'met' today. They all reached out to me and said something along the lines of 'I want to write for you'. I thought about spacing them out, as a marketing-like strategy, or even as a way to just make posting more regular instead of giving you so much to sift through. But there's something about today that makes me think that we all need a little more faith, positivity and gratitude. Blue Monday is just around the corner (Google it... or watch for an MOG next Monday about it), but if feels like everyone's already feeling the affects of his dreaded and desolate season. Bad season, not a bad life.

Today I tried to work through a thought of 'No Bad Days'. What if, every day was just a good day? It's easy to think that's a reality now, because I've had a personal day (Sarbucks, Greek salad and cheap Tuesday movies-- go see Wolf of Wall Street, immediately), but I know that not every day is necessarily a 'good' day. Not every day is a 'bad' day either. There is compromise though.

What if we treated everyday like a dollar? Has there ever been a person to turn down a dollar? Have you ever encountered an unwanted dollar? I definitely haven't (Wolf of Wall Street definitely didn't either). Think of everyday as dollar- someday you'll go through several dollars just to get your money's worth, other days you'll budget how you spend that one dollar, and sometimes it might be nice to save that dollar, to come back to that bad day and think, "What did I learn from that one really, really bad time in my life?". If we value our time here like we value the money we burn through, we may all be in a much better mental and financial state.

Thank you all again so much for reading, commenting, reaching out, submitting, caring and most of all, coming back. Your two cents make me feel like the richest girl in the word.

Spend wisely, live abundantly.

PS this is a seat I sat in on my bus ride back from the mall. It's always all about choice, isn't it?

                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment