Friday 17 January 2014

MOG #24: Forever Moments

This next contributor wanted to stay anonymous, and I can't argue with that. I can say he's a hilarious guy. One of those people that come into your life and you dismiss after a while, only to come back months later and resume a friendship based on nothing but fruitful conversation. Slowly but surely, messages to and from have become routine, one that is both grounding and unpredictable. If I say anything else I'll give it away.
I think picking one moment of gratitude as an optimist is a challenge. Explaining why it stands out is nearly impossible.
For me, I have to start with the word "moment". I have to scratch out stories, I have to scratch out events, I must ignore relationships. As little as I may know of moments, I know those don’t meet the definition. That leaves me with seconds, minutes, and instants. Snap shots. Pictures.
Now it may be true that a picture can tell 1000 words; what’s more is that finding those words is impractical. I can’t pick one moment. I can’t pick one photo. I know what they all have in common though. They were moments that lasted forever. They are here today, were there yesterday and will be around tomorrow. If my mind were a novel they were the authors. Those mathematical seconds physics could not explain. A lifetime in a second; a second to last forever. Forever still. We get countless hours, millions of minutes, billions of seconds but only a spare few moments.
That moment a stranger taught me positivity. That moment time stood still. With Her. That moment the weather forced me to stay another night. That moment I thought I was defeated. The Moment I triumphantly defeated. That moment words could not describe. …and every moment I could not explain. Those Moments that tell a tale; the Moments that write a story. The Forever Moments words could not describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment