Wednesday 22 January 2014

MOG #29: The yell

As a lover of words, it's always nice to find meaning and resonance in numbers. If you remember Brianne, she was our second contributor and this is her second post and the second one I got in a triad of inbox messages and that's enough dots to join to make me believe in the power of connections. A very honest, intricately woven post that brings attention to the moments you need to hear, not just the ones you're grateful to hear- a very Brianne-like move. Happy reading, happy listening. 
I am extremely, undeniably and overwhelmingly grateful for people who yell.
I’m grateful for those who yell out of anger and say hurtful things, for they have taught me not only how to let their words strengthen me, but also to never be like them.
I’m grateful for those who yell out of love, because they know and you know that you’re being stupid, and you need to hear what they have to say.
I’m grateful for those who yell words of encouragement, for pushing me to do one more rep, to get out of bed and face the day, to finish this one last paragraph in this essay that’s taking forever to write.
I’m grateful for people who yell out of their own craziness, to teach me that sometimes you’ve just gotta let it out and be slightly animalistic for a moment before continuing on in your day.
I’m grateful for people who yell the lyrics to a song as they’re driving down the road or skipping along down a sidewalk, for they have taught me to have fun, to be carefree.
I am grateful for people who yell, because they’ve taught me all about exactly who I want to be – someone who is motivating, encouraging, passionate, strong and caring; someone who understands people and can say exactly what someone needs to hear… Someone who isn’t afraid to speak her mind in any situation.
To anyone who has ever yelled at me or around me: thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment