Thursday 23 January 2014

MOG #32: Go with it

A great friend of mine sent me her mog and asked to keep it anonymous, but I think that it's fitting with her post. A simple, straight forward, honest and power note on the text of what it means to have roommates when you're in school. It's ironic, because since first year we've always come right to each other to vent or talk about all the terrible things that have gone down in our homes. In a way, it made us grateful for the good people we get to live in, and in a much more ovbious way it made us closer. I'm thankful that this friend had this moment to share- it's a very nice feeling to pair with the ending of the year. In the last four years I have lived with an assortment of girls, and oddly enough I don't regret one minute of it. I'm fairly confident that at any given point I can tell the best crazy roommates story, and there have been times that calling the police seemed like the most logical option. I've heard screaming matches like no other and have a set of earplugs beside my bed for when things get rowdy. The walls are literally made of styrofoam, the oven burns everything, the basement is freezing, the sink leaks and the toilet overflows. The last year has been a rough year for the girls of my house, and there is a solid 85% of the time that we can't stand being around one another, but that other 15% of the time...let me tell ya is something else! My roommates are spontaneous, up for any adventure, they can party with the best of them and yet are always down for a stupid movie, criminal minds marathon or game night. These girls are hilarious, when we're together it's one laugh after the next! We have a very "go with the flow" approach to things, whether it's bringing a full size air hockey table into our living room (surprise!), fostering a puppy, having a cat, finding cats in our house, having glow stick party, or any of the more extreme, personal on-goings, we just go with it. I was looking at some pictures that we have on the wall and realized that despite everything (and I do mean everything) that has gone on in this house, we have had the most amazing times. And as much as I can say that there are times when I hate them (likely mutual) I can also say that without a doubt they have my back, if I need them they'd be there before I even had to ask. I'm thankful for the human ability to hold onto the good times and I'm thankful for all the good times I've had with these girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment