Thursday 23 January 2014

MOG #33: And it's only 10:30

One good thing always leads to another. Today has been a morning where already so many nice little moments have happened. One of them being when my favourite person messaged me a good morning and we had a second to chat. Every time I see her name on my phone I immediately exhale- I know that when I open that message I have a sigh of relief, of love and of gratitude coming my way.
When I went to go add the picture for this post I saw an essay I have saved on my school computer that took me forever to write. It was shit, honestly. But when I wrote it I was in a really, really bad place. My heart was racing and every time I looked at that page I wanted to throw up. In a panic, I messaged her and although at the time her words of encouragement and editing suggestions didn't feel like they were doing any good, in hindsight it was one of the most selfless moments I've ever experienced. Before that time and since that time, we've been that person to talk to in moments of distress, but also moments of gratitude; ones of regret, sheer happiness, boredom... there's always a reason to start a conversation. It's a beautiful thing.
For the past four years Katie May been nothing by a beam of bright light in my life. Our souls are joined by a string, maybe a ray of sunshine, always bringing me back to the good vibes that we both crave and chase. My own little sunshine. She's off to the bigger place of sunshine come June, Australia, to spread some good love on the golden coast; to pursue her dreams of teaching, to change the lives of many, especially mine. I'll miss the crap out of this girl but I can't wait to see all the amazing things she accomplishes.Also, this post really speaks to the theme of this blog; realizing there is always, always something to be grateful for.

Sometimes when I sit in class, I allot myself 10 minutes of procrastination between listening to my Professors lecture about their passions, and trying to distract myself from my inability to sit still. Today, I find myself roaming facebook, scanning and scrolling and realistically doing nothing that properly serves my time.  I find my good friend on facebook chat and do not hesitate to spark up a conversation.

            The morning is a big thing. To those people who say, “no I’m not a morning person”, you’re lying, the morning is inevitable, but on the plus side, it is a brand new day. Appreciating morning is bittersweet to say the least, it’s the moment of impending doom when you realize you need to leave you’re cozy sheets, while also reminding you that today is a new day. Be daring, be brave and be creative. Today is not just the next day of the week, but it is something for you. YOU!

            With that being said, this morning I woke up lacking my creativity, my bravery and my daring outlook on life, today was a gloomy morning. Perhaps it was the frosty cold, or the lack of Vitamin D in the sky, or maybe it was gloomy because I had yet to find my daily motivation.  In these 10 minutes that I allotted for myself, I checked in with that friend.

   Sometimes in the world, karma works in your favour and you are blessed with a friend that you know will never leave you… like ever. And if you have yet to find a friend like this, you will. How do I know this? Because its people like this good friend of mine that have helped me restore my faith in humanity. She has made me believe that there are good people out there who are genuinely kind, passionate and motivating. She has taught me to appreciate small things in life, and to respect the people around me with the same respect I expect to be given to me, but even further; she has made me appreciate the morning.

            I think a true friendship is one where not every moment of bliss is spoken, but rather shared. Little does this person know that she is the cause for my morning appreciation because she has assisted me in realizing the morning acts as a reflection of the day ahead. The day where you are capable of putting a smile on someones face, you are capable of winning a million dollars, you are capable of making an impact on the world. And don’t get me wrong, no one knows a bad day like me (I swear I may be cursed with bad luck), but it is important to change your outlook. There is a lesson everywhere, everything happens for a reason and although some days may suck; it’s those sucky days that allow you to respect and appreciate the good ones.

            The moral of this, is make every moment count, appreciate the morning and find bliss in your friendships. Share everything; your mind, your money, your morals. Be the friend you need someone to be for you. Stay positive, radiate positivity and people will feed off your energy. By keeping an optimistic mind for the morning, you’re capable of changing you’re entire day.


            

No comments:

Post a Comment