Friday 21 February 2014

MOG #46: Absolutely nothing

Yesterday I went to bed angry. Today I woke angry. Sometimes sleep does that awesome thing of changing your perspective, other times sleep won't work through your problems unless you do.

This was a message I sent yesterday: "today I had to be Family Mary, Work Mary, Best Friend Mary, High school teacher Mary, Student Mary and Newspaper Mary, MOG Mary and I'm just running on empty".

I got a sympathetic response, an encouraging pep talk and I was off to bed because I was out of words and short on dreams.


When I walked downstairs my dad lead me to the kitchen where he lead me to a little breakfast art. A completely random gesture, but a move pretty typical of my dad; but humbling none the less. 

How lucky am I to even have all these responsibilities and passions and things to associate myself with? Every facet of my life is an opportunity I need to recognize as a fleeting moment; it's mine but only for now. 
I ate that cute little spread before dashing out the door to go to my favourite place of work with one of my best friends and spend the day planning my summer, finding sales, munching on sour keys and have conversations with my favourite people.

I needed to remind myself that there really are no bad days; just bad moods.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about and much to be grateful for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment