Tuesday 7 April 2015

MOG #105: Unexpected Gratitude

I had a good conversation with a friend today who told me this, "you never know how understanding someone can be" and I think this is a good application to this week's post from our friend Jackie. 

Sometimes the best type of gratitude happens in moments that show up, unexpected…

They appear as that silver lining to the new situation you’ve been faced with and empower you to be your own cheerleader, or as what I like to refer to as my own “BeyoncĂ©”.

Recently I’ve been dealt with a new life plan: one that I’m supporting but on the other hand I’m questioning. In these past few days I have realized how incredible my friends and family are, and through each of their, “I’ll be here for you” or “You will survive this” statements, I’ve started to feel as though I will make it.

However, this morning was that one act of kindness that I was not expected moment I’ve been waiting for. A small comment from someone, totally out of the ordinary, was just that extra sense of gratitude that I’ve needed. It's moments like these that really matter. Although it was a small comment, it was the extra support and pride that you could feel behind the statement; as if they were truly honoured and thankful for this future I am embarking on.

Be kind to one another, you never know when someone will need that extra support to help them see their MOG.


MOG: finding a moment of gratitude in a bad situation and realizing how incredible the thought of Canadian pride is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment