Tuesday 28 January 2014

MOG #34: T

There's nothing like seeing an mog in my inbox, but when I opened this one, my heart was full of even more gratitude and my eyes with tears. Taylor wrote for the second time and used some very beautiful words- ones that I have printed out and kept away for times when I need a little push to get back on my feet.There's nothing like reading an mog for the first time, but there's also nothing like having an mog written by such an incredible human in your life.
This project has already shown me many things- how great of writers you all are; how little acts of gratitude can make huge difference, how stories can be woven into a narrative, how brave you all are... but tonight, I have been shown how loved I am. Taylor- thank you. 



My moment of gratitude? I have many.
The wide varieties of posts on this blog have proven that a moment of gratitude can be defined in a picture, in a poem, in a song or in a well written essay.  Moments are something you feel and this blog has challenged many of us to put our emotions into words, not something that is easily done at the best of times.
I am lucky enough to know the person who crafted this blog.  She may not be aware, but she was promoting this school of thought a long time ago.  She promoted documenting and writing for cathartic or productive reasons in journals and I’m glad I listened.  I had bought a journal months before, but something about a late December night in 2012 changed the way I used it.
I have many moments of gratitude.  I am grateful that she, unaware of how much she was helping me, facilitated the breakdown of walls in my own mind.  With every journal session, I understand myself more.  I am grateful that she, not understanding what it still means to me, asks if I have journal’d about ‘it’ yet.  Every time she asks, I force myself to do so within twenty four hours.   I am grateful for what journaling has brought me – a calmness and certainty I’ve never had before.
I’m well into year two of journaling, thanks to her.  I naturally finished my first black Moleskine journal a year after that late December night.  I now have a bright yellow Moleskine, which visually reflects this huge shift in my life towards the positive. 

Journaling may not be for everyone, but at the core of it I am glad a friend shared something private with me and in turn allowed me to make it something personal for myself.

So many little moments of gratitude have made up one big moment of gratitude and now there are too many moments to count; but isn’t that the beauty of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment